Saturday, August 21, 2010

Portrait of a Woman Used By God

Lessons from the Life of Mary of Nazareth

1. An ordinary woman (Luke 1:26-50) What is it that gives my life significance? Do I believe that God can use my life to make a difference in this world?

2. A pure woman Am I a pure woman? Am I pure in my behavior, my relationships, what I watch, read, and listen to, the way I dress? Am I pure in my motives, thoughts, and private habits?

3. An undeserving woman Am I conscious that anything good or useful about my life is the result of His undeserved grace poured out on me?

4. A chosen woman Am I conscious of having been chosen by God to fulfill a specific purpose in my generation?

5. A Spirit-filled woman Am I depending on the power of the Holy Spirit to be and to do that for which God has chosen me? Do I seek a fresh, daily filling of His Holy Spirit in my life?

6. An available woman Have I made myself fully available to God, for whatever purposes He might want to use my life? Am I willing for Him to use my life, at any price?

7. A believing woman Am I exercising faith in the promises of God? What am I believing God for that is impossible apart from His power? How does my life demonstrate faith in the power of God?

8. A praising woman Is my life characterized by a spirit of praise? Do I respond to the circumstances and challenges of each day by expressing gratitude for the greatness and mercy of God? Do my responses to life give the world a proper estimation of God?

9. A woman of the Word Do I love the Word of God? Do I read it, memorize it, meditate on it, and share it with others? Do I use the Word in the midst of real-life situations?

10. A humble woman (John 3:30) Am I content not to be recognized for my role in ministry? Is it my goal that? He might increase and I might decrease?

11. A trusting woman (Matt. 1:18-21) Do I trust God to fulfill His purposes in my life and in the lives of those I love? Is there any area of my life where I am trying to work things out on my own, rather than trusting God to do what needs to be done?

12. A submissive woman (Matt. 2:13, 19-21) Am I willing to wait for God to work in and through the authorities that He has placed in my life?

13. An influencing woman (John 2:5) Does my life draw attention away from myself and toward Jesus? How is my life influencing others to love, worship, and obey the Lord Jesus?

14. A praying woman (Acts 1:14) Am I a woman of prayer? Do I consistently join with other believers in praying for the revival of the church and the evangelization of the world?

15. A devoted woman (John 19:25-27) Am I a faithful follower of the Lord Jesus in the good times and in the bad? Am I committed to follow Him even when it is costly or when others fail to do so?

16. A loved woman Am I letting Jesus love me, care for me, and meet my needs? Am I receiving the provision He has made to meet my needs?

17. A wounded woman (Luke 2:35) Am I willing to suffer in order that Jesus? redeeming life may be experienced by others?

© Revive Our Hearts

No comments: